Way back when, I mentioned something about my specialty breakfast burritos and a few people asked for the recipe. I was waiting to post the recipe until I had a chance to make them again so that I could snap some photos. Well, I finally had the perfect opportunity a couple of weekends ago when all the neighborhood guys hung Christmas lights. I invited the guys over for pre-light-hanging burritos and Bloodys and once they left, I had an opportunity to snap some photos. Although, taking burrito pictures is easier said than done. Should the burrito be closed...or open? Who knows. So I did both.
What You'll Need:
1 pound of ground sausage
1 red onion, chopped
1 to 2 cans of green chilies
8 to 10 eggs
Ore Ida Crispy Crowns (optional)
What To Do:
1. In a large skillet, brown the sausage. About half way through, add chopped red onion and green chilies.
2. Once the sausage is done, drain (if needed) and push to outside edges of skillet.
3. Crack the eggs into the skillet and scramble.
4. When eggs are about half done, mix everything together to make a delicious mixture of breakfast burrito filling. Continue scrambling until eggs are done.
5. And this last step is completely optional, but we like to add fried Crispy Crowns to ours, mimicking Sonic's breakfast burritos. Of course, this is in the least bit healthy, but oh so delicious! I make these frequently when we have visitors and this part usually gets rave reviews!