I'm not joking. In my opinion, these things rival the big ole blueberry muffins you used to get at Starbucks. Our family put down a dozen of these muffins in just over 24 hours this weekend...and Holden doesn't eat sweets, if that tells you anything. But my favorite part about these muffins? They are quick to make and require minimal ingredients! I hope you love them as much as we do!
The BEST Blueberry Muffins
(adapted from this recipe on allrecipes.com)
What You Need:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
For the crumb topping:
3 tablespoons butter, unmelted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffins tins with muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Place vegetable oil into a one-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture.
4. Fold in the fresh blueberries. Fill muffin liners right to the top with batter.
5. Meanwhile, make crumb topping. Use a fork to mix unmelted butter, sugar, and flour. Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are light brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
And a few pictures from our trip to The Berry Patch last week. Holden and I went with my friend and co-worker, Erica, while Brantley spent the morning at VBS. I will say, it was so nice having just one kid to look after and The Berry Patch was as dead as I have see it in about five years of going! Of course, once Brantley found out how we spent our morning, he asked if we could go again with him. Not a problem, Brantley, at least we'll have an excuse to make more muffins!