Besides the weather (50s and rainy the entire weekend - not exactly what I expected for Memorial weekend), we had a great time! Highlights include:
- La Hacienda for Mexican on Friday night...and my mom having a margarita one size too large.
- Kellen's first birthday party on Saturday and seeing my grandparents, among other family members.
- Playing cards with my parents - and lots of them. (Specifically, me winning...and Craig losing. We're pretty competitive around here.)
- Fish fry with my parents' neighbors on Sunday night.
- Brantley trying new foods: refried beans, crumbled hamburger, raisins, a banana muffin, yogurt, one of Kellen's birthday cupcakes, and a doughnut.
I didn't take many pictures because 1) I left my memory card in our computer at home; and 2) my camera battery was nearly dead and I forgot my charger. #mommyfail Someday, I'll actually go out of town and remember everything. (Since having Brantley, I've forgotten something every time - contacts, make-up, underwear, and now camera equipment.)
But I did borrow a memory card and took some pics at Kellen's Bubble Guppie-themed party. I wasn't sure what a Bubble Guppie was before this weekend, but apparently Kellen loves them! My sister did a great job with fish-related decor!
|Not so sure about the cake...or getting his hands dirty.|
|So much better with a spoon!|
The only other picture I got during our weekend in Iowa was a 4-generation photo with my mom's side. Silly Kinnick even got in.
We got back to KC around 2pm on Monday and were happy to return to summer temps! A little while later, we headed to our neighborhood pool for our first family pool outing of the year. Since it was opening weekend, the water was freezing and I wasn't sure how Brantley would react, but to our surprise, he loved it - cold and all! (We didn't get in the big pool; only the baby pool.)
Like I said, Brantley loved it. And it must have worn him out because he fell fast asleep on Daddy's chest, then slept like this the entire walk home.
I hope everyone had a happy Memorial weekend and a good kickoff to summer 2013!